Saturday, July 18, 2009

Competency-based

competency-based

Western Governors University: Western Governors University Earns ...
Cost however, is not the only thing that differentiates Western Governors University. “WGU is a competency-based university,” explains Phillips. “The university does not award degrees based solely on course attendance. ...

Western Governors University Earns Top 10 Ranking from GetEducated ...
Cost however, is not the only thing that differentiates WGU. “WGU is a competency-based university,” explains Phillips. “The university does not award degrees based solely on course attendance. A student's progress is determined instead ...

Trivia and Facts: Western Governors University
However, because WGU uses a competency-based academic model that requires students to demonstrate competency in degree subjects in order to advance, students with prior education or experience or those who can commit additional time to ...

Library Intelligencer » ECAR Bulletin on Competency-Based Career ...
This blog is to provide information to University of Melbourne Library staff.

Example Competency Based Interview Questions
To help you prepare for your competency interview, we have a number of example competency based interview questions. In this particular article, we focus on Communication and consider the type of questions interviewers might ask you to ...

Good Governance & Patriotism: Competency based Good Governance ...
Competency based Good Governance: Lessons from Ethiopian Airlines in 2009. Dear Patriotic Global Citizens and Friends of African Union and Ethiopia: It is becoming evident by the day that the Ethiopian Airlines, perhaps one of the most ...

Competency-based education: “Don’t Kill Granny!”
A trend towards "Competency-based education" and training is international, and sometimes controversial. Proponents argue that "traditional" approaches focus in "inputs" (what books are available, how much classroom time is there, ...

Changes Could Be Coming for Pre-Meds and the MCAT
Usually the kind of broad-based change recommended in this report is a response to some perceived failure of the current system. Was there a lack of flexibility that you saw in incoming medical students? The drive for this actually came ...

Performance Appraisal System for Teachers
Pursuant to DepED Order no 32 s 2009 entitled National Adoption and Implementation of National Competency Based Teacher Standards Teachers Strengths and Training Needs Assessment and Individual Plan for Professional Development for ...

Can I simultaneously enroll in two colleges?
on communication customer focus and team work can you help not sure how to answer competency based questions


I am trying to answer questions on application form?
i live in australia and just got my P's (Probationary licence). firstt we have to take a test which has 8 give way questions and if we get those right we then take a 42 multiple choice quiz and if u get 32 or more u pass. u then obtain a learners permit which u have to complete 50 hours of day and 10 hours of night driving. u then get lessons with an instructor and u choose either VORT (behicle on road test) or CBT ( competency based training). then if u pass the final driving test u get ur licence (P's) which u have for 1 year. then u have to pass a hazzard perception test and then u get your P2's then after another year u get ur full license.

sorry long..


whats the procedure for getting your driving permit in USA?
Hi I have a telephone interview next week and they said they will ask me competency based questions on:

developing relationships
coping with pressure
motivation.

But I want to know how will they ask me these questions? Will they say something like, tell me about a time when you have been motivated to do something? Thanks alot


Can you help me on these competency based questions?
I am planning on going to cosmetology school in the fall for esthetics, and maybe hair as well (just to have a little more rounded set of skills). I am looking for schools and am trying to figure out the pro's and con's between clock-hour schools and competency based schools. The schools that offer competency based programs rave about it, yet I hear different sides of the story from different people. What's your opinion?

Also, I'm on a tight budget and not willing to take out a loan for school (I have too much debt as it is- and who needs more in this economy?). I hear from most people to go to the cheapest school (of course given that it's reputable) because you'll gain most of your experience out of school anyway. Thoughts?

Thank you!!


Help! Question's about going to cosmetology school-- industry professional advice appreciated?
I am planning on going to cosmetology school in the fall for esthetics, and maybe hair as well (just to have a little more rounded set of skills). I am looking for schools and am trying to figure out the pro's and con's between clock-hour schools and competency based schools. The schools that offer competency based programs rave about it, yet I hear different sides of the story from different people. What's your opinion?

Also, I'm on a tight budget and not willing to take out a loan for school (I have too much debt as it is- and who needs more in this economy?). I hear from most people to go to the cheapest school (of course given that it's reputable) because you'll gain most of your experience out of school anyway. Thoughts?

Thank you!!


Help! Questions about cosmetology school-- industry professional's advice appreciated?



Does anyone have any examples of how to answer a competency based interview Q relating to strategic perspectiv?
Hi I have an interview in a coupe of weeks and they will ask me competency based questions about a key achievment in my life. I will talk about charity work that I did.

What kind of questions could they ask?

I need some ideas on how I planned it, what problems there were, how i could do things differntly#y, what i learned, what was my contribution etc


interview question about a key achievement?
i have a Competency Based Interview tomorrow and I am freaking out. i do not know what they will ask me. There are so MANY questions they could ask. Trouble is, i can never think back to past work situations for examples -- especially, on the spot. Advice please -- how do i prepare for this? I feel like i'm about to go on stage without knowing my lines! thanks.


HELP -- Competency Based Interviews?
Hi there, I have a second interview for my dream graduate job tomorrow. I am going to get a range of competency-based questions. As it is a graduate position, I have no direct experience in the industry. Please help me with some great answers to competency-based questions such as:
1) Give me an example when you have worked well as part of a team.

I appreciate that answers need to be personal, and relate to my experiences, but I am struggling a little. Please help!


Please help me with answers to Competency-Based Questions?
I am about to graduate from an online university - Western Governor University (WGU). WGU is a Regionally Accredited University (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities). Can I get an admission in regular traditional Law School?

WGU is design with competency-based exams. Upon the graduation, you don’t get any kind of GPA, all it says B and higher. But to get into Law School… they look at your GPA. I am not sure how this is going to work? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment